An alpiste head doll is a very fun and simple way of introducing children to the study of seed twinning and plant developmentIt also makes children come into contact with nature and feel more connected in a simple and fun way, since the Alpiste is a plant that grows easily and without requiring very specific care. In addition, these dolls also work as decorative elements of rooms, especially in the kitchen. If you want to learn how to make an alpine head doll both for schoolwork and for your children at home, keep reading this umCOMO article!
Before you start making your alpiste dummyyou must make sure you have all the material that will be used. See then the list to separate what you will need:
- 1 thin sock;
- Earth, substrate or sawdust;
- White glue;
- Coloured pens or paints
- Moving eyes;
Some of the above elements, such as pens and paints, are essential only for the decoration of the doll, which means that they are not essential and can be replaced by other decorative materials such as coloured ribbons and sequins. Since the decoration is free, it is up to you to decide what to use according to taste and also with the available materials, it is recommended to use those already purchased over new ones because the alpiste doll is a toy made with natural materials and the ideal is not to produce garbage and use products still and without use.
How to germinate alpiste
Before you put the sock alpisteIt is necessary to take some steps to ensure that the seed will germinate, which is ugly by certifying that the plant will have all the necessary elements to grow strong and quickly.
The alpiste is a plant that sprouts quite easily. The first step to soak the mountaineer seeds in water for 24 hours, not needing to be drinking water, just clean as the water coming from the tap.
You can leave the seeds in any clean container and they should be kept in a relatively isolated place just to avoid accidents that might knock them over. With the contact with the water for the indicated period, the beginning of the germination of the Alpiste will be faster and more accurate, this is not a necessary but recommended procedure.
How to plant alpiste in the sock
Take a Thin tights with 10″ threadthose used only to protect the feet of shoes such as sneakers and heels. It is important to follow this step to the letter because a thicker sock will prevent the climbers from over the sock layer, which will make them grow inside. If you don’t have it, one option is to use an old pantyhose and cut it, giving preference to those with naked tones so that the alpiste can be seen inside.
Once the sock is ready, put the seeds in and fill it with earth, substrate or sawdust. Tie a firm knot to close, cut off the excess fabric and roll the sock in your hands to leave it shaped like a ball.
How to make an alpiste doll
Now that the alpiste is already planted and the base of the doll is ready, you just need to make it look cool, which will require materials of your taste and also a lot of creativity, after all, the grace of the alpiste doll is, besides waiting and watching the alpiste growing, decorate it in any way you want.
To make your decoration as creative as possible, we have separated some tips, see below:
- Use moving eyes to give the doll a funny and dynamic look, these eyes can be found on stationery stores and be glued with a common white ball;
- Use cardboard to draw some traces of the doll’s face, such as eyes and mouth. It is possible to draw on top of the sock but the color will not be so intense.
- Let the children’s creativity be put into practice and make available various materials such as markers, cardboards, buttons, puff ink, etc.
- To pick a nose or earjust pull a part of the sock with dirt and attach it with a rubber band.
How to care for an Alpine doll
As soon as the alpiste doll is ready, some basic care will be needed to ensure that the alpiste grows straight. See below what you will need to do:
- Support: Place the sock with the knot facing down on something that retains the water from irrigation (pet bottle, a small dish or a plastic cup). The support will be necessary so that the water does not spread when the mountaineer doll is watered.
- Water: water the soil moderately every day and wait for your doll’s hair to grow.
- Time: in relation to mountaineer doll and how long does it takeKnow that the average is 3 days for the climb to start growing and that it is already visible on the doll, so it is essential to have patience.
- Local: Although it is not a plant with difficult care, the alpiste needs basic elements to survive like air and light, so leave your alpiste in a lighted place with air exchange, avoiding closed areas like cabinets.
It’s also nice to think about what to do with it when you’re ready. If you work with children and this is a school project, a good idea is to have the students decorate it, choose a name and take them home, making a newspaper to note the evolution of the growth of the Alpiste, also telling about their impressions and experiences taking care of the doll. This may seem like a silly task, but it is a way to create in the little ones a sense of responsibility and care.
If you want to read more similar articles to How to make an alpisted-head dollWe recommend that you enter our category of Manual Works and Free Time.