Whether for decoration of objects or to be used on the body at Carnival time, glitter is able to give an up in appearance and make everything more beautiful. Despite the grace that glitter brings, the material is composed by cut plastic and aluminium layers in small pieceswhich, apart from not being biodegradable, cannot be recycled and reused, since the small size of the particles prevents their capture. If you are looking for a way to shine without harming the environment, we show you how to make biodegradable glitter in that umCOMO article!
how to make biodegradable glitter for make-up
Glitter is a great way to give a look up leaving any basic make-up with a carnival look and eye-catching. The biggest secret for the production of ecological glitter is the use of micawhich is nothing more than a ground mineral widely used in the cosmetics industry thanks to its shine and easy adhesion to the skin. If you are looking for how to do vegan glitterPlease be aware that the recipe does not involve products of animal origin.
To make up the homemade glitter you’ll need:
- Food coloring of the desired color;
- Kitchen salt.
Step by step biodegradable glitter
- Place in two different containers approximately equal amounts of salt and mica;
- Colour the dye in the salt until it gets the desired colour;
- Place the dye in mica until it acquires the desired colour (more dye is needed for mica than for salt as the mineral absorbs more dye);
- Let the mixtures dry naturally, which should take an hour to return;
- Mix the two products and that’s it, your make-up glitter is ready for your used one!
For more details, see the step-by-step Thinking Back channel.
If you’re looking for a more common make-up close to the shimmering shadows sold in perfumeries, just use the dye mix with mica and leave the salt aside.
Another cool trick for creative and brilliant make-up is the use of sequins. If you want to know how to use it, see how to glue sequins to your face.
How to make biodegradable glitter
If you’re looking for a organic glitter recipethe solution may be easier than you think. To make this glitter biodegradable you will need:
- 1 tablespoon agar-agar;
- 10 tablespoons of water;
- 1 teaspoon of food coloring or pearly powder;
- 1 sheet of acetate or other waterproof surface.
Step by step to make biodegradable glitter
- In a pan, mix the agar-agar with the water until the mixture is completely homogeneous;
- Place the mixture on a low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture gets hot and without letting it boil;
- Remove the mixture from the fire and add the pearly dye or powder of the desired color;
- Using your fingers or a brush, pass the mixture through the acetate sheet and wait to dry, a procedure that takes approximately 7 hours;
- Remove the already dried glitter and hit the blender. Now your glitter is ready to make you shine!
For more details, see the step-by-step in the channel Maquiando Sem Crueldade.
Besides not polluting the environment, another advantage of natural glitters is that they all come out of the skin when we wash them with soap water, unlike glitter made from plastic, which gives a huge job to be removed from the skin.
How to make edible biodegradable glitter
If you are looking for an edible biodegradable glitter, replace the gouache dye with a food coloring of your choice, and if you cannot find the agar-agar, you can replace it with colorless gelatine powder, however, the glitter will no longer be vegan since common gelatines are made from marrow.
Because it is a very natural and simple recipe, biodegradable glitter does not stick easily to the skin and it is necessary to use a cream or viscous base so that it sticks and does not come out easily.
Easy recipe for biodegradable glitter
If you’re looking for biodegradable glitter and don’t have much time to go after material, there’s a solution that can save you. The recipe below is quite simple and easy to make, however, among all is the least “brilliant” and most easily removable. To make it you will need:
- Kitchen salt;
- 1 pot of gouache ink or food coloring.
Easy step of biodegradable glitter
- On a sheet of plain paper, place the kitchen salt and slowly add the gouache ink or dye until the mixture acquires the desired color;
- Bend the paper and squeeze with your fingers to spread the mixture;
- Let the mixture dry and your glitter will be ready!
For more details, see the step-by-step on Mariana Guimarães Channel.
Hint: if you intend to create an ink with color mixture, make the mixture before adding the salt, it is easier to carry out the procedures independently so as not to miss the tone. Having doubts about how to achieve the desired tone, see how to mix ink colors.
To make the look even brighter, see how to put glitter in your hair.
Mineral make-up, another natural alternative
Much has been said about mineral makeup and many have been the renowned brands that have started producing this makeup. The mineral make-up is made only with natural produceUnlike conventional make-up that contains chemicals such as parabens, talc, artificial fragrances and synthetic preservatives. Being made only with natural products, mineral makeup is ideal for oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Advantages of mineral makeup
The demand for natural products has been increasing, women increasingly opt for products with fewer chemicals. This demand is even greater for those with sensitive, oily skin, with acne or worried about possible allergies, since the probability of mineral makeup causing allergy or irritation is much lower than conventional makeup. Mineral makeup offers advantages for acne skin as it does not clog the pores and has anti-inflammatory and drying properties. To oily skin it shows itself to be advantageous because it absorbs the oiliness of the skin. And for skins with rosacea e sensitiveThe great advantage is that they can wear this kind of makeup and enjoy its soothing power.
In addition, mineral makeup is still beneficial for people who want to conceal wrinkles. However, it is necessary to apply the product well, otherwise the product may produce the opposite effect and may further accentuate the problem.
With this type of products you get the sensation of not wearing anything on your skin, because the mineral makeup adheres very well to the skin and leaves a feeling of lightness and creaminess.
Durability of mineral makeup
Mineral make-up tends to last longer on the skin, as the minerals it contains help to control and absorb oil, which makes the longer-lasting makeup.
With regard to the product durability in itself is smaller compared to conventional make-up as it contains no chemical or synthetic preservatives. Therefore, it is very important to always keep your mineral products in a place away from heat and humidity and at room temperature, so that they last as long as possible.
How to use mineral makeup
The mineral make-up is mostly found in powder, which makes its application more difficult and can leave the look more charged. Therefore, some care should be taken so that this does not happen.
The first step to using mineral make-up is moisturise your skin. Apply your usual hydrating cream and wait 10 minutes to dry. This step is very important, otherwise the mineral powder may become noticeable.
To achieve the best possible result, the choice of suitable brushes is essential. The natural bristle brushes are the ones that get the best result and natural finish. Synthetic and mixed bristle brushes can also be used, however you will not get the same use of the product as well as a great finish.
How to apply mineral base
The best way for you to apply mineral base is with a powder brush or the kabuki brush. The kabuki brush is of certain natural and has a wide diameter and a short handle. As it is thicker, you can apply a large amount of product and spread it more easily than using other types of brushes.
You can also mix the mineral base with your favorite moisturizer or sunscreen. You can also mix it with a little water to form a liquid base. There is also the option to spray a little thermal water on the brush and then apply the foundation over your face.
To achieve the perfect finish, you should always pour a little of the product on the base cover, brush and remove the excess by gently tapping the cover. The great trick for the perfect finish is to always apply the base with circular movements all over the face area.
With regard to the number of layers base to apply, that will depend on the effect you wish to achieve. If you only want a finish, the ideal is to apply two coats. But if you want to cover stains or acne, you should pass more layers. However, it is important to remember that as the mineral make-up cover is lighter, it does not cover dark circles or spots entirely.
Remember: mineral make-up also requires its removal, so don’t forget to always pass out before going to bed.
Inspirations of colour make-up to make with biodegradable glitter
Colourful make-up is a style that generates many doubts, as it can be difficult to combine and always creates the risk of looking like a clown with so much colour on his face. A colored make-up with biodegradable glitter is a style that generates a lot of doubts, because it can be difficult to combine and always creates the risk of looking like a clown with so much color on his face.
Colored shadow with biodegradable glitter
Vibrant color shadows are a very popular way of doing colorful make-up. You can use only one tone, or bet on more composed makes that include different colors. To learn how to combine shades, take a look at this article that explains how to use the color wheel on makeup.
- Monochromatic: The monochromatic style is very easy to do, consisting of applying only a shadow to the eyelids. Infallible colors include orange and purple, which match any skin and hair tone. Blue, green and gold are also popular. For a night look, bet on a green or metallic blue for a very sparkling eye. Don’t forget to create a good foundation on your skin before applying the product to make sure it doesn’t melt during the night. To find out how to use eye primer and ensure the shade lasts, enter the article.
- Multiple tones: If you are skilled and patient, you can use various shades of shadow to create beautiful effects and degrades the eyelids. The most popular combinations of two shades include blue and silver, brown and gold, orange and pink, purple with lilac, light green and dark green and green and pink. White matches any other shade, as does black.
Suggestion: How to glitter your face
Coloured eyeliner / biodegradable glitter
The colored outline is also an excellent way to give a color bath in makeup. It can be used on the upper eyelash line, the lower eyelash line or even both.
If you prefer to keep the black outline but don’t want to give up a little color, enter this article. It indicates how to do double delineation.
To ensure that the eyeliner color is appropriate for your eye tone, check the information:
- Blue eyes: prefer eyeliners like bronze, brick, blue and dark green.
- Brown eyes: bet on products in shades of purple and dark green.
- Eyes honey: the honey eyes are enhanced with shades of lavender, purple, turquoise, bronze and gold.
- Green eyes: For those with green eyes, the best eyeliners have shades of purple, dark turquoise or gold.
Another way to use colored make-up is to bet on a lipstick with a very vibrant color. The ideal is to combine a more “erased” eye with a colored lipstick and vice versa. However, if there is harmony between the colors, everything is released. If you use a brightly colored shade, prefer a nude lipstick. Combining a pink shade with an orange lipstick or a blue shade with pink lipstick, for example, can create a good look.
Note: If you apply a shimmering shadow, prefer matte-toned lipstick to create harmony. If you have opted for a shimmering lipstick, prefer opaque shades.
Blush with colored make-up
Anyone who bets on colourful make-up should opt for an opaque blush that matches their skin tone. Light-skinned women can invest in a product with shades of light pink or peach. Women with darker skin tones can opt for shades of brown and tan.
Read it too: How to use adhesive rhinestones in makeup
If you want to read more similar articles to How to make biodegradable glitterWe recommend that you enter our category of Art and Crafts.