The enormous quantity of colours present in the chromatic circle allows us to differentiate shades that, to the naked eye, are very similar to each other, but are made up of different shades. Having all these types of colors in hand is essential for artists from different areas to create their works with the widest possible range of options: only then can they accurately represent what they choose to create.
The basic colors are simpler to differentiate and elaborate, as they are better known, but there are other, more specific shades that result from the mixture between primary and secondary colors. Among them is beige, a very specific color that allows several options to be created. If you want to know how to make the color beigeIf you want to know the mixes needed to obtain it and the step by step steps to make them, keep reading this practical article from umCOMO.
Mixture of colors to give beige
In some places the color beige is also known as the color cream, but there are people who consider these two colors as distinct. Regarding the paints used to obtain this shade, we can use different shades, but they are two of the most common mixtures.
If you want to know how to get the cream color, keep in mind which colors you should mix to make the color beige or cream:
- The first mixture consists of using a very pure white paint as the base, and adding only one drop of yellow paint to it. The yellowish tone serves to transform the white base into a beige or cream tone. This color can easily vary according to the mixture, and the ideal is for you to dose yellow and white until you get the beige tone you want.
- The second path you can follow to create the beige color is to use white paint as the base and add two other shades in small quantities, being them light yellow and brown coffee. The latter will form a different tone to the one obtained with the previous blend, but that also goes on the cream tone scale.
How to make the color beige with gouache ink
Among the different paints with which you can create the color beige are the tempera gouache. Follow the steps to beige with gouache paint:
- In all the color mixing options used to create this color you will need a white paint base.
- From a generous amount of white paint, add a few drops of yellow paint and, if you like, brown coffee paint (this according to the tone of beige you want to create). If the gouache inks come in a tube, include each color in a palette, and if they come in pots, use different brushes so that the colors are not stained with each other. Remember to apply a small amount of water to the brush, so that you can get the measure of paint you need, in the desired tone.
- Again, use a brush to mix the paints until a homogeneous tone of beige is formed.
Remember that the material of the gouache type paints allows you to change the tone created even after it dries. How? Very simple: you just need to wet the brush a little before passing it over the paint again. This way, it will be possible to create a new mixture and change the tone of beige or cream already created.
How to make beige with acrylic paint
It is also possible to color beige using acrylic paint. Just follow the steps:
- Select a completely white paint and use it as a base for mixing. Some kits of this type of paint have the label “pure white”.
- On a canvas or palette, according to the type of drawing or other work you are creating, add a wide line of white paint (between 3 and 4 drops). On the sides, add another line, this time thinner, of light yellow paint (1 or 2 drops) and, if you want, another thin line, but of coffee paint (1 drop).
- Using a brush, mix all the paints until you get the color beige. The final tone will vary according to the quantities of each paint you previously donated.
How to make the color beige with toners or dyes
Making the color beige using toners is another possible alternative, and widely used to paint walls with a beige or cream color. Toners are widely used to dye different types of paints, such as plastic, vinyl, latex, acrylic or water-based. To make the color beige using toners or dyes correctly, follow these steps made by umCOMO:
- Choose a white paint to use as a base.
- For each liter of white paint, you may not add more than 60 cubic centimeters (cc) of dye. Otherwise the paint will lose adhesion on different surfaces, and may become stained by not dissolving completely.
- That way, if you have a liter of white paint, add a maximum of 30 cc of yellow dye to get the color beige. For every 4 liters, therefore, you will have to add 120 cc of dye.
- Using a mixture of paints, mix the dye with the white paint until you get the cream color.
How to make the color light beige
The beige color can pull to the lightest tone or to the darkest. If you intend to elaborate a light creamYou should not use coffee paint as a base, but white mixed with very small amounts of basic yellow (or light yellow). That way, you will be able to know how to make the paint sand colorThe light beige tone resulting from this mixture will be very similar to light sand.
Bearing in mind that for all the shades you want to lighten it will be necessary to use the white colourCreating light beige is even simpler, as white is the basic colour for these mixtures. Therefore, to achieve the desired tone and keep it as a light color, we recommend that you use only light yellow tonesAlways adjust the measurements of each color until you get the desired color. Other very common shades that start from the color beige and become lighter are the colour ice, ivory and champagne.
How to make the color dark beige
If what you want is turn a dark beigeIn the second alternative quoted at the beginning of this article, i.e. mixing the coffee-coloured paint to the basis originally created. This tone will create a greater contrast with white and yellow and thus result in a darker final tone. You can add more or less of the brown, all according to how dark you want your beige.
After learning how to make the color beige or cream, you may also be interested in knowing how to make the color yellow.
If you want to read more similar articles to How to make the color beigeWe recommend that you enter our category of Art and Crafts.