It is common to see decoration items, clothes and even cakes and other types of candy with bows and ornaments that resemble the piece. But for those who are at home and want to do it alone, the doubt is hammering in the head: how to make ribbon bow? How to make ribbon bow for gift? How to make double ribbon bow? And yet: how to make double ribbon bow, decorated and satin ?! There are many questions!
How to make ribbon bow may seem like knowledge to many, because at first glance it is something easy, but there are many types of ribbon on the market, made from a variety of materials and for a variety of purposes. Many know how to make satin ribbon bow, for example, but not many have in mind how to make decorative ribbon bow, something more complex and that takes more time depending on the model.
If you are a person who has a lot of questions about making ribbon bow, rest assured! Here using do-it-yourself tips you will once and for all learn how to make simple ribbon bow and even something more complex, how to make gift bow. Check out!
How to make simple ribbon bow
Knowing how to make a ribbon bow is not always an easy task, but there are less complex models that can be very useful depending on the purpose you want to give the item. The simple bow, besides being a great start for those who want to know how to make ribbon bow, is very useful for more uncomplicated decorations and for packing smaller gifts.
Buy products from this photo:
But how to make simple ribbon bow? Unlike many other decorative pieces that we usually assemble at home, to know how to make ribbon bow you will need only a few items that will serve both to compose the bow and for the actual assembly. Look:
- Tape (there are many options and color and thickness available for purchase).
With the materials properly separated, it’s time to get your hands dirty. To learn how to make ribbon bow, see the following steps:
- Cut the ribbon three times larger than the intended size for the bow;
- Place the piece of tape you cut on a surface that is flat and easy to handle;
- Locate the middle of the ribbon and place the two ends overlapping each other with the middle as a reference;
- With the ends positioned, hold both leftovers and a loop, as if you were going to make a knot;
- Pull both sides tightly to make the loop firm and adjust the symmetry if necessary.
Ready! You already know how to make simple ribbon bow!
How to make satin ribbon bow
If you know how to make simple ribbon bow, you also know how to make satin ribbon bow. The process is the same, changing only the materials. However, some precautions need to be taken before you go around telling everyone that you know how to make satin ribbon bow. Look:
- Make sure the satin is free of tears or wrinkles.
- Use only sharp scissors;
- Make sure the satin you bought came curled and not folded;
- Do not store the satin in the sun, or it may dry out and tear more easily.
Now in addition to knowing how to make satin ribbon bow, you are also aware of what care is needed before using a fabric as fragile as this material.
How to make decorative ribbon bow
If you want to know how to make decorative ribbon bow, you must first keep in mind the purpose for which it will serve. It is very common for ribbon bows to be made to decorate gift packaging, but many people know how to make ribbon bows because they wanted to decorate their clothes, for example. These purposes are important because they can differ greatly from the shape used to shape the loop.
Buy products from this photo:
Who knows how to make ribbon bow, however, usually uses a specific model for decorative ties: the double bow. It is a type of decorative bow used in both bedding and confectionery, but it can also be applied to adorn rooms in the decoration of living rooms, bedrooms and even kitchens.
To learn how to make decorative ribbon bow, you will need:
- 2 pieces of tape (preferably thick);
- Hot glue (or if silicone);
Silicone glue is less effective than hot glue, but it can also be used. With the materials in hand, follow the step by step:
- Glue the ends of the two tapes;
- Glue one end to the other, forming two distinct circles;
- Fold the two circles in half;
- Put one ribbon over the other;
- Sew from the middle of the ribbons so that the two are very firm;
- Adjust the ends with your fingers so that the bow takes shape.
How to make ribbon bow for gift
In order to know how to make a gift ribbon bow, it is also necessary to pay attention to the type of gift and the packaging that will be decorated along with the ribbon. Depending on the size and format of the package, just knowing how to make ribbon bow is no use. The ribbon may need to be reinforced, in addition to often needing specific materials, that is, it will be necessary to know how to make ribbon bow and also how to wrap specific objects.
Buy products from this photo:
If the gift will be traditional, something that fits in rectangular boxes, like home accessories, and you simply want to know how to make ribbon bow to present to someone, separate the following materials:
- Gift box;
- Grosgrain ribbon;
- Scotch tape;
With the materials separate, get ready to learn how to make a ribbon bow by reading these steps:
- Cut two meters of tape;
- Wrap the grosgrain ribbon longitudinally in the gift box;
- With the lap complete, use the adhesive tape to keep the grosgrain tape affixed to the box;
- Take what’s left of the grosgrain ribbon back to the center of the box and use your finger to hold it;
- Fold the grosgrain ribbon longitudinally in the crease, take a turn and take it back, creating another turn;
- Repeat the previous step until you reach the desired number of loops;
- Secure the last loop in the center of the box with the adhesive tape.
Now that you know how to make a ribbon bow for a gift, you can go out as a gift to your friends and family, but not before training hard and confirming if you really know how to make a ribbon bow.
Here’s how to make ribbon bow with templates from the gallery: