Bamboo craftsmanship is a technique used by those who seek to transform this rich material into exclusive, functional and resistant pieces. Abundant in Brazil, bamboo due to its flexibility and easy handling allows production and gives life to the most diverse objects, such as musical instruments, baskets, lamps, vases, among other pieces.
Therefore, if you want to bring a special and natural touch to the decoration of your room, you should bet on pieces created from bamboo crafts. Check now decorating tips and countless fantastic ideas of bamboo objects to get inspired.
1. Candle holder created from handicrafts with thick bamboo. Source: Pinterest
Crafts made with bamboo
Bamboo is a tropical plant with more than a thousand different species available in nature, which change in color, size and other characteristics. In Brazil, the most common type of bamboo is that normally grown at the water’s edge or in very high places, since its strong roots prevent landslides in many high-risk regions.
However, even in the face of a giant variety of bamboo species, one thing is certain, all species are versatile, resistant and usual, serving as raw material for both industries and handicrafts, there is an example of handicrafts made with bamboo.
2. The mirror frame received a special finish through the handicraft made with bamboo. Source: Casa Bem Feita
Crafts with thick bamboo
The handicraft with thick bamboo allows the making of more robust and showy pieces, which in themselves draw attention and stand out in the decoration of the environment. The furniture created from handicrafts with thick bamboo gives a unique beauty. Therefore, it is not by chance that his presence has stood out in countless architectural projects.
Whether to complement the decor of a beach house, country house, farm or farm, it doesn’t matter … the pieces created from handicrafts with thick bamboo bring elegance and warmth to the space. Therefore, if you are thinking of bringing a touch of rusticity to the room environment, for example, you can choose to purchase or create a custom headboard for the bed, created from handicrafts with thick bamboo.
3. The head of the bed was made from handicrafts with thick bamboo. Source: Pinterest
The robust structure of thick bamboo also allows the manufacture of exclusive pieces that are part of our daily lives. The cell phone holder below is an example of this creation, which besides being super charming helps in organizing the space, always keeping your device in sight.
4. Create a beautiful cell phone holder from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
Fine bamboo crafts
In addition to the thick bamboo species, it is also possible to create exclusive pieces through fine bamboo crafts. However, because it is a narrower bamboo structure, they are usually accompanied by other raw materials, as is the case for making the toilet lid below. Here, the structure of the toilet lid received a special finish with transparent resin and fine bamboo.
5. The toilet lid received a special handicraft finish with fine bamboo. Source: Pinterest
Small pieces can be created using fine bamboo crafts. There is an example of the soap holder created from the junction of thin bamboo fillets.
6. Soap holder created from handicrafts with fine bamboo. Source: Pinterest
Bamboo crafts for plants
If you want to innovate in the way the flowers are arranged by the house, office or commercial establishment, then you need to bet on decorative vases created from handicrafts with bamboo for plants. The vases and supports made by handicraft with bamboo for plants combine perfectly with any type of plant, as they have the same natural characteristic.
7. Grow succulents in pots created from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
Bamboo vases can be exposed on a piece of furniture or suspended on the walls of the property, forming a beautiful and charming vertical garden. Its structure besides taking up less space, some pieces end up being cheaper than the glass and ceramic options, for example.
8. Form a beautiful bamboo plant stand. Source: Pinterest
Bamboo crafts how to make
After so many inspirations and decoration tips, it’s time to get your hands dirty, or better, bamboo. After all, there’s nothing more pleasurable than creating exclusive and personalized pieces to decorate our corner, isn’t it? So, if you are a fan of the “Do It Yourself” (DIY) style, check out now a simple tutorial on how to make a wind bell with bamboo.
How to Make a Bamboo Wind Bell: Materials
- Pieces of treated bamboo
- Piece of plywood (30.5 cm² long and 0.6 cm thick)
- Thin nylon thread
- Drilling machine
- Hot glue pistol
How to make a wind bell with bamboo: Step by step
- Cut the piece of bamboo into six parts using a saw;
- Take the six cut bamboo parts and make two 3 mm holes (one on each side) in the top of each piece of bamboo;
- Take the piece of plywood and cut it into a round shape (approximately 8 cm in diameter). This round base will be responsible for supporting the six cut bamboo parts;
- Divide the round wooden disk into six equal spaces and make a 3 mm hole with the aid of a drill, close to the end of the disk, that is, totaling six holes in the wooden disk;
- To fix the cut bamboo pieces, you will need to pass the thin nylon thread in an interspersed way, that is, the thin nylon thread will pass between the round disc and the cut bamboo piece, until all the bamboo tubes are hanging;
- Adjust each hanging bamboo tube so that each piece is either higher or lower;
- In the upper part of the wooden disk, drill three more internal holes, through which the nylon thread will pass, which will give complete support to the wind bell;
- Finally, apply hot glue to each of the three holes in the wooden disc, for better fixation of the nylon thread.
9. Bamboo crafts how to make a wind bell. Source: Mercado Livre
It is worth mentioning that, more than a decorative piece, the wind bell with bamboo, in addition to stimulating the power of development, also has the ability to attract the energy of longevity and youth.
So, did you like our post about bamboo crafts? So, check out our photo gallery right now with more bamboo craft ideas and get inspired with amazing pieces and furniture!
Check out +72 bamboo craft ideas
10. Handicraft with thick bamboo forms a wall that gives privacy to the environment. Source: Pinterest
11. Handicraft with thick bamboo forms a beautiful screen structure. Source: Pinterest
12. Bamboo crafts how to make for plants. Source: Pinterest
13. Crafts with bamboo for plants enchants the decor of the balcony. Source: Pinterest
14. Handicraft with thick bamboo forms a beautiful vertical garden. Source: Pinterest
15. Ladder bookcase made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
16. Decorative item made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
17. Dog house made of crafts with thick bamboo. Source: Pinterest
18. Delicate vertical garden made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
19. Bamboo crafts were used in the wedding decoration. Source: Pinterest
20. The wall made from handicrafts with thick bamboo was fixed to the external area of the property. Source: Pinterest
21. Handicraft with bamboo and special lighting enchants the decoration of the environment. Source: Pinterest
22. Crafts with bamboo and varnish. Source: Pinterest
23. Handicraft with bamboo forms beautiful vases. Source: Crafts and Recycling
24. Craftsmanship with thick bamboo conveys warmth to the occupants of the room. Source: Pinterest
25. Crafts with bamboo for plants. Source: Pinterest
26. Crafts with bamboo used at weddings serve as a basis for candles. Source: Decoration and Projects
27. Bamboo crafts serve as a plant pot. Source: Pinterest
28. Handcraft with fine bamboo forms a beautiful fruit bowl. Source: Total Crafts
29. Create tableware using bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
30. It is possible to create ingenious pieces that help with organization through bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
31. Decorative item created from bamboo crafts. Source: Total Crafts
32. Vertical garden made of handicrafts with bamboo and pet bottle. Source: Pinterest
33. The side of the stairs received a special finish made with bamboo. Source: Pinterest
34. Separate rooms with a door made of bamboo crafts Source: Pinterest
35. Create beautiful lamps from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
36. Ingenious plant support created from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
37. Support for plants created from handicrafts with thick bamboo. Source: Pinterest
38. Crafts with fine bamboo form a beautiful flower arrangement. Source: Pinterest
39. Create beautiful lamps from handicrafts with thick bamboo. Source: Pinterest
40. Create a beautiful decorative object from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
41. Bamboo can be used in different ways in decoration. Source: Pinterest
42. Bamboo can help organize the table. Source: Pinterest
43. Create delicate fixtures with the structure of bamboo. Source: Pinterest
44. Create incense holders using bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
45. Curtain made from handicrafts with bamboo. Source: Pinterest
46. Creative shelf made from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
47. Ingenious plant support made from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
48. The thick bamboo structure was used to divide rooms. Source: Pinterest
49. Charming lamp made from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
50. Creative bench created from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
51. The terrace received a creative roof made of bamboo. Source: Pinterest
52. The bed base was finished in bamboo. Source: Pinterest
53. The wall of the external area was finished in bamboo. Source: Pinterest
54. Create a beautiful accessory using bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
55. The base of the coffee table is made of bamboo. Source: Pinterest
56. Structure a creative bench using bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
57. The doors received a special finish made with bamboo. Source: Pinterest
58. It is possible to create a beautiful headboard using fine bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
59. Bamboo crafts serve as a support for plants. Source: Pinterest
60. Decorate the wedding with chairs made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
61. Create delicate pieces using bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
62. Bamboo crafts served as the raw material for creating this beautiful plant stand. Source: Pinterest
63. Form a beautiful vertical garden made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
64. Bamboo crafts are used to support candles. Source: Pinterest
65. Bamboo crafts for plants. Source: Pinterest
66. Bamboo crafts decorate the entrance to the house. Source: Amo Decorar
67. Bamboo crafts served as the raw material for creating this outdoor bed. Source: Pinterest
68. Bamboo crafts served as the raw material for creating this chair. Source: Pinterest
69. Bamboo crafts decorate the bathroom area. Source: Pinterest
70. Candle holder made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
71. Lamp made with bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
72. Chandelier made of fine bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
73. Coffee table made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
74. Candles made from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
75. Corner table made of bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
76. Furniture made of bamboo handicrafts. Source: Pinteresy
77. Decorative well made of bamboo handicrafts. Source: Mercado Livre
78. Decorate the wall in a creative way made from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
79. Handicraft with bamboo can serve as a raw material for making chairs. Source: Pinterest
80. It is possible to create beautiful candle holders using bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest
81. Create a beautiful and comfortable swing from bamboo crafts. Source: Pinterest