Some colors require very specific elaborations to be produced, especially if you want to get all the shades they offer. Besides having a mixture that will be used as a base, it is also necessary to play with the distribution of quantities and the inclusion of some extra colors to obtain each different shade. The case of pink is one of these: there is a common starting point, but at the same time it has a wide range of shades that will require new mixtures.
There are different ways to get the rose, and this will vary according to the paints you will use. So, besides having options of tones, there are also different methods to do it. If you want to know how to make the color pinkIf you want to learn more about the specific instructions for each type of ink and know all the nuances that this color offers, keep reading this article from umCOMO!
How to make the color pink with gouache step by step
Pink is one of the light colors present in the chromatic circle. To make it, you basically need two paints: red and white. Follow these steps to find out how to make the color pink with gouache tempera:
- Mix the magenta and yellow to make the red in case you don’t have that color. Find out how to get other shades of red in our article how to make the color red.
- In a container, add 4 drops of red paint and one drop of white paint to begin to lighten the color.
- By mixing the two shades with a brush, the color will turn pink.
- Depending on the desired shade of pink, such as light pink, you will need to add more white paint.
- To correct the tone, add a little more red. Even so, it will always be easier to lighten the tone, as the red ink requires a little more care.
How to make the color pink with watercolor step by step
The pink color can also be made with watercolor paints. Besides the paints, for this method you will also need water, brush and a palette or container in which you will prepare the mixtures. To achieve a satisfactory result, follow the steps:
- Dip the brush in the container with water. Try pressing the bottom of the container so that the bristles open.
- To remove some of the water before mixing the paints, clean the brush using the edge of the container itself.
- On the surface where you will make the mixture, add the white and red paint separately, if they are wet watercolors. If they are dry, first apply a red paint base and then add the white paint.
- Take the red paint with the brush and dip it back in the water.
- Repeat the process from the previous step, but using the white paint.
- The resulting color will be pink. To get new shades of it, you should add more colors.
To know how to make the color pink without the whiteyou can use the water to dilute the red until you get a standard rose. That is, a rose that does not derive from specific color mixtures, such as fuchsia or gum.
How to make the color pink with acrylic paint step by step
If you really want to know how to make the color pink with paintWe recommend that you follow the tips of umCOMO below:
- Select the red ink and white ink you want to use to make the mix. Try to choose more neutral tonesto result in a standard rose. Afterwards, you can create different shades.
- On a canvas or the surface on which you will work, add a line of red paint. Then add another, white paint.
- Mix the two paints with the help of the brush. If the rose becomes very light (similar to ivory), add more red and if it gets too strong, add more white.
If you add a very large amount of white paint to a darker red (next to brown), the rose will get a softer, whitish shade. This color can be used, for example, to paint walls and decorate rooms in a more discreet way, especially by those who do not want to invest in intense pink.
How to make the color pink
Fuchsia fits in with the most different shades of pink you can get. To do so, you will need to combine two new colours with the red and white base: blue and yellow.
Mixture of colors to give pink pink
The amount of blue used may be similar to red or white, but yellow has to be added in very small doses. After mixing all the paints and obtaining the fuchsia rose, you can also make modifications:
- More red ink to darken the tone.
- More paint blue to bring more intensity to fuchsia.
- More yellow paint to increase the brightness.
If you don’t have yellow or blue, we invite you to take a look at our articles how to make the color yellow and how to make the color blue.
How to make the color pink gum
Getting the gum pink will require a more precise proportion of colours, as it is a very specific shade in the rose range. Follow these steps to get it:
- Add two generous dots of red paint on the palette, and one dot of blue.
- Add two more points of white paint to lighten the mixture you will prepare.
- Wet the brush with water and mix the paints until a homogeneous shade is created, which will result in the gum rose.
How to make the color pale pink
O pale pink is another possible shade of pink. For this, besides the basic combination of red and white, you will also need to use black paint.
The pale hue of the rose, also known as the old rose, is usually more erased. Therefore, it will be necessary to add a small amount of black paint in its mixture, mixing with the neutral rose. As you add more black ink, the color will become even more erased. Here on umCOMO, we recommend that you add black little by little until you get the exact tone you want. Again, if it gets too dark, add more white.
See also: How to make the color magenta
If you want to read more similar articles to How to make the color pinkWe recommend that you enter our category of Art and Crafts.