Your pens do not write? Before you throw them in the trash, try these simple tricks that we propose in umCOMO and see how to make a pen write again.
Usually due to lack of use, which causes ink drying, it is very common for ballpoint pens to stop working or to work quite badly, with a weak ink that can hardly be seen when placed on paper. This is a common problem that has some simple solutions that will make all your pens write again as if they were just bought, freeing you from the typical problem of having at home a bunch of pens that are useless.
How to make pen work by rubbing the tip
To remove the dry ink from the tip of the pen failing it is possible to rub the tip until the fresh ink comes out and for this there are some possible techniques. See below some options:
- Scribble hard on a sheet of paperThe heat and friction generated can make the pen work again. It is better to have a surface underneath that is not completely rigid, such as a book or a few sheets of paper.
- A trick so that the rewrite pens is to rub your tip against a sandpaper and common nail, but do not exaggerate so as not to wear out the tip and end up rendering the pen permanently unusable. Make light and repeated movements, then go testing to see if it is necessary to continue.
- Take small points on a piece of paper to move the ink to the tip, when writing a little, scribble vigorously with the pen and on a surface of paper so that it writes again normally.
- Rub the tip of the pen against a rubber surface, which can be a simple eraser rubber or the sole of the shoe. If you create the necessary friction, the pen will write again. To achieve the desired effect, it is necessary to make fast and strong movements.
Now that you know how to make the BIC pen stronger and make it work again, don’t forget to always leave it with the lid on to prevent the ink from drying out, also avoiding the pen from writing again.
How to make a pen work again with alcohol
Since pens usually stop working because the ink has dried on the tip, one way to make it work again is to dissolve the ink. See what are the possible methods for dissolving a failing pen in alcohol:
- For this tip, you’ll need stick a wire and soak it in alcohol. Then place the wire in the paint container to mix with the dry paint and leave it in a liquid state again.
- Another option with alcohol is remove the paint container and dip it in alcoholl. Leave it like this for a few minutes to get the ink flowing again. In both options, you can replace the alcohol with acetone.
Consider that it is possible to stain yourself during the process, even if you manage to make the pen goes back to writing in a satisfactory manner. To avoid getting your hands or clothes dirty, do everything inside a sink, so if paint leaks it can be cleaned quickly and avoid stains or the dye falling where it should not. If even with all the care you end up getting dirty, see how to remove pen ink stains from clothes.
How to repair spring pen
Sometimes the problem with our pen failing is not found in the ink, but in some structural problem of the pen that has fallen into a malfunction. This kind of problem is rarer in common ball point pens, since they are quite simple in their mechanism, however, it usually happens in other more complex ones like spring pens. Here are some ideas on how to fix them:
- Make sure that the pen refill is well placed. You can remove and place correctly each of the pen elements: reservoir, spring, etc. This way you ensure that it is not a problem with your structure.
- Remove the ink reservoir and blow through the opposite end to which you write. In this way, you can move the ink to the tip. But beware, don’t stain your mouth or ingest the ink!
If even after tidying up the physical structure of the pen you still have problems in how to make a pen catchSee above for methods of making a pen work again. The above tips should solve your problems because spring pens are also usually ballpoint pens.
Other tips on how to make a pen work
If even using the most common tips above you can’t get your pen to work again, don’t worry as we still have some methods that may be effective for saving your pen. See below:
- Hold the pen by the back end like a thermometer e shake it hard. This way you can make the air bubbles in the reservoir disappear and she can write again more easily.
- Our last trick to what it consists of using a pen tip lighter. But be careful, don’t overdo it, because if you burn it, you might spoil it, besides, don’t put the pen in the microwaveAfter all, this is a plastic object that could melt.
If after all attempts to make a pen work you still have the failed penIn these cases, there is no solution that makes the pen useful again.
How to recover gel pen
Just like ordinary ballpoint pens, gel pens can also end up drying and stopping working even if it’s relatively new and we can see that it still has plenty of ink. When that happens, we end up having a Uni Ball pen failing, even though we have paid a bit dearly in stationery, however, there are solutions to solve our problem. See what the solution options are:
- Put the tip of the pen in hot water and hold it for about two minutes. The hot water will cause the paint at the tip to dry and will clear the ink passage, making it work again quickly. After 2 minutes, dry the tip and test the pen on a sheet of paper.
- Test the options involving rubbing the tip of the pen, which were explained above.
How to make Stabilo pen work again
Stabilo pens work a little differently from ballpoint pens and have a padded, ink-filled tube inside, which makes it difficult to know if it still has ink or if it’s finished. If it’s a new pen, that’s the solution:
- Wet the tip of the pen in warm water and wait until some ink comes out, then dry the tip and test to see if it’s working.
If the pen is old and has no more ink, there is an option to recharge it:
- Buy a tube of India inkOpen the pen and remove the inner tube, dripping 3 drops of ink and keeping it in a vertical position so that the ink drops down and reaches the base. Reassemble the pen and it will be ready to be used again.
Hint: Before buying a pen, always test it on the sheet of paper that is usually available in the pen section of the stationery shops, thus ensuring that it is working at the time of purchase.
Further reading: How to make a feather pen
If you want to read more similar articles to How to make a pen write againWe recommend that you enter our category of Manual Works and Free Time.
Videos related to How to make a pen write again
Videos related to How to make a pen write again