Did you know that neon is a chemical elementin the form of gas? Actually, the so-called neon and fluorescent lights are only so because they contain this gas inside, which causes colored glow. But it is not only in lights that we find the neon colors, they are also present in garments that follow this trend, varnish enamels and paints. For you to learn how to make neon ink and get artwork, in aHow.com.br we prepared this article. Keep reading and find out!
Steps to follow:
In craft shops or in the Mercado Livre look for “phosphorescent powderphotoluminescent powder” or simply “glow-in-the-dark powder” and get a package in the color you prefer.
For use in painting, the most suitable color will be white, because you can get a wide variety of colors with this powder.
For it to turn into paint, this powder must be mixed with some solvent, depending on the application you want to give it. It can be used for several purposes, except for ingestion – the powder is not toxic, but it is not advised to add it to food.
Some examples of neon ink you can create:
- Neon paint for painting: mix the powder in water-based or oil-based paints;
- Neon body paint: mix the powder with moisturizer;
- Neon hair dye: mix the powder with colorless hair gel;
- Neon paint for clothes: mix the powder with transparent fabric glue;
- Neon paint for enamel: mix the powder with transparent enamel.
Now that you know how to make neon paint, check out how to get neon paint off your clothes too!
As you can see, the secret To make neon paint you have to mix the powder with the material you usually use in the application you want to give it, in order to dissolve it and be able to use it.
Another great option is to buy a ready to use make-up kit palette. These kits are very cheap and save you some work. One of the options we recommend is this neon paint kit.
Hint: Also access this article on neon make-up: how to do it step by step!
If you want to read more similar articles to How to make Neon inkWe recommend that you enter our category of Art and Crafts.
- The more powder you use, the more neon the paint will get.
- Turn off the lights to see the dust and paint glowing, or light it with black light.
- If you want to make neon paint for painting, you will have to add paint varnish or polyurethane varnish, otherwise the mixture will not dry.