Christmas is one of the most important dates of the year and that is why we pay so much attention to the decoration of the house at that time. And, if you like this season as much as we do, how about learning how to make Christmas ornaments to have a completely personalized decor?
Here we will show you several models of different ornaments you can make at home and we will also teach you some tutorials on how to make Christmas decorations. Check out!
1. Separate a large clear glass and place several Christmas ornaments inside. Source: Pinterest
Christmas ornaments with PET bottle
PET bottles, plastic ones that are used for soft drinks, water and the like, can be reused in DIY in several ways, including as material for those who want to know how to make Christmas ornaments.
2. How to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle and blinker lights. Photo: Pinterest
The Christmas ornaments with PET bottle can be the most varied, from large Christmas trees to garlands or arrangements. Here, we will show you some very creative ideas and a step by step to inspire you to make your own Christmas ornaments with PET bottle. Check now a short tutorial on how to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle.
3. How to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle in the shape of a tree with red bows. Photo: Recycle and Decorate
How to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle: Materials
- PET bottles of different colors
- Scissors or stylus
- Colored ribbons or lines
- Nail polish or nail polish
- Fine brush or toothpick
- Sandpaper (optional)
4. For our manual on how to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle, you will only use the bottom of the claw. Photo: Home Workshop
How to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle: Step by step
- Cut the base of your PET bottles;
- If the cut has become uneven, cut or use sandpaper to match it;
- Use the enamel brush or the thin brush or toothpick to make drawings on the cut base;
- Wait for it to dry;
- Drill a hole in one side of the base;
- Thread the tape or thread through this hole;
- Cut the ribbon or thread to the size you prefer and tie a double knot.
5. How to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle for tree. Photo: Joseph Thore
Following these steps, you will have beautiful Christmas ornaments with PET bottle to put on your tree!
EVA Christmas ornaments
If you like crafts, surely you already know EVA well, right? This versatile material can be used to make the most diverse objects and, of course, it is also possible to produce beautiful Christmas ornaments in EVA, and if you want you can even make super cute Christmas souvenirs to give to your guests.
6. EVA Christmas ornaments with characters typical of that time. Photo: Baú de Letras
EVA is a synthetic foam that can be found in the most diverse colors and thicknesses, allowing you to discover various ways on how to make Christmas ornaments and produce many different Christmas ornaments in EVA.
7. With EVA, you can make many different types of Christmas ornaments. Photo: Center Blog
Next we will show several models of Christmas ornaments in EVA and we will also teach you a step by step for you to follow and make yours at home. This manual on how to make Christmas ornaments in EVA can actually be used to make several different ornaments.
8. Learn how to make Christmas decorations in EVA! Photo: How to do at home
How to make Christmas ornaments in EVA: Materials
- Printed molds (optional)
- EVA red, white, beige, brown, light green and dark green
- Oily pastel chalk (optional)
- Scissors or stylus
- Instant glue or hot glue
- Black permanent pen
- White paint
- Fine brush or toothpick
9. Molds to make your Christmas ornaments in EVA. Photo: Creative Panel
10. Draw these molds on your EVA pieces. Photo: Creative Panel
11. You can also print the molds to make your Christmas ornaments in EVA. Photo: Creative Panel
How to make Christmas ornaments in EVA: Step by step
- Print the molds and transfer them to the EVA pieces or design them on them;
- Cut out the molds;
- If you want to give a shaded effect, pass the pastel chalk on the edges of the pieces;
- Assemble Santa’s face by gluing the pieces on top of each other;
- Make Santa’s eyes with the black permanent pen;
- Make pink dots with the blush on Santa’s cheeks;
- Make white dots on Santa’s cheeks and eyes;
- Glue Santa’s arms under his beard and, over them, his hands and fists;
- Under your hands, glue a light green EVA sheet, then glue a dark one and insert it until it closes;
- Make your dolls out of brown EVA and glue them over the garland of leaves;
- Finally, make the eyes and mouths of the dolls and the details with white paint.
12. Some of the first steps on how to make Christmas ornaments out of EVA is to cut out the pieces and glue them together. Photo: Creative Panel
13. Following our step by step on how to make Christmas decoration in EVA, you will have an ornament like this. Photo: Creative Panel
Just with this tutorial, you can make the complete garland or just Santa Claus or just the dolls or just the leaves and you can also invent your own EVA Christmas ornaments with these pieces.
Felt Christmas Wreath
For those who already have a little more manual skill, there are even more possibilities on how to make Christmas ornaments. A beautiful and not as simple example to make as the previous ones is the felt Christmas wreath.
14. Felt Christmas wreath with kitten with reindeer horns. Photo: Browpicz
The ornaments and complements can vary, but the base of the felt Christmas wreath is always the same – and that is what we will teach you how to do next.
15. Learn how to make the basis for having a Christmas wreath as beautiful as this one. Mynd af Le Pastel Feltros
How to Make Felt Christmas Wreath: Materials
- Green felt;
- Cardboard or heavy paper;
- Scissors or stylus;
- Sewing thread matching the felt;
- Hand needle;
- Acrylic blanket or other filling.
16. This is basically the step by step to start your Christmas wreath DIY. Photo of Casa Dicas e Tal
How to Make Felt Christmas Wreath: Step by Step
- First, make a circle inside another on your cardboard or paper;
- Then, cut out this circle that will serve as a template for your felt Christmas wreath;
- Place the template on your piece of green felt and cut out two circles of felt of the same size;
- Sew the sides of the felt circles with the matching thread;
- While sewing, fill the other filling with the acrylic blanket.
17. Sewing the sides of your felt pieces is one of the essential steps in this tutorial on how to make Christmas decorations. Photo of Vila Mulher
18. Don’t forget the filling to do this step by step on how to make felt Christmas ornaments. Photo: Vila Mulher
19. If you want, you can make mini felt pines to accompany your garland. Photo: Vila Mulher
This is the basis for all varieties of felt Christmas wreaths. To decorate it, you can use bows, beads or you can also make other pieces of felt.
Ornaments made with Christmas candles
It is also possible to make beautiful ornaments with Christmas candles. And, for those who are wondering how to make Christmas ornaments using this material, we answer: there are many ways.
20. Christmas candles can be used in a variety of ways in DIY Christmas. Photo: Customizando
Here you will be inspired by various models of ornaments made with Christmas candles and we will also teach a way to make this type of ornament. Check out!
21. With some mugs, sheets, ribbon or black pen and candles you can create beautiful Christmas ornaments. Photo: El Tarro de Ideas
How to Make Christmas Candle Decorations: Materials
- Thick round candle
- Cinnamon sticks
- Hot glue (optional)
22. Step by step on how to make Christmas ornaments with candles. Photo: We Share Ideas
How to Make Christmas Candle Decorations: Step by Step
- Place the shins around the candle;
- If you want more firmness, glue them to the candle with hot glue;
- Tie with ribbon.
23. How to make Christmas ornaments with other spices, such as anise and coffee. Photo: World of Tribes
Ready! That’s it. And, following this tutorial, you will have beautiful ornaments made with Christmas candles.
Check out +57 Christmas ornaments to decorate the room
24. Christmas ornaments with transparent PET bottle. Photo: Powerakademy
25. More inspirations of Christmas ornaments with PET bottle made with the base of the bottle. Photo: Artesanato Magazine
26. Christmas ornaments with PET bottle with penguin design. Photo: Joan Didion
27. Example of ornament made with the bottom of the bottle with a design that imitates a snowflake. Photo: Kitchen Decor
28. How to make Christmas ornaments using glass. Photo: Inspire Me Heather
29. DIY Christmas with PET bottle and fake flowers. Photo: Pinterest
30. These candle holders are very simple to make. Photo: Soy Curioso
31. Fair garland with PET bottle. Photo: Firepont
32. Mini Christmas trees made with EVA. Photo: Brow Picz
33. EVA Christmas ornaments with glitter. Photo: Lele Artesanatos
34. With our Christmas DIY, you can achieve a result similar to this. Photo: Mika Artesanatos
35. In this PET garland, the “bells” are made with coffee capsules. Photo: Pinterest
36. Christmas ornaments in EVA table trees with colored balls. Photo: Lorrels
37. How to make Christmas ornaments out of glass jars. Photo: Pinterest
38. How to make Christmas ornaments with glass jars and candles. Photo: Awan Shop
39. How to make Christmas ornaments with red candles and glass cups. Photo: Pinterest
40. How to make Christmas ornaments out of felt. Photo: Pinterest
41. How to make felt Christmas ornaments with cute dolls. Photo: By Fabiana Santos
42. How to make Christmas ornaments made with colored candles and caramels around. Photo: VIX
43. How to make Christmas ornaments with candles and transparent bottles. Photo: Irbans
44. EVA Christmas ornaments on the garland. Photo: Baú de Letras
45. Christmas stocking made of EVA. Photo: Pinterest
46. EVA Christmas ornaments in the shape of socks. Photo: Arte Magia EVA
47. How to make Christmas ornaments out of glass bottles. Photo: Asset Project
48. Christmas ornaments with PET bottle imitating bells. Photo: Salinas Quinto
49. You can do your DIY Christmas and have a mini PET bottle table tree. Photo: Expresso das Ilhas
50. Christmas wreath with candies made from felt. Photo: Lojas Linna
51. How to make Christmas ornaments out of felt. Photo: Firepont
52. The felt sheets make the garland appear to be made of natural materials. Photo: Pinterest
53. How to make felt Christmas ornaments out of white kittens. Photo: 1001 Felts
54. If you want, you can also paint your bottles to make your Christmas ornaments with PET bottle. Photo: The Holk
55. How to make Christmas ornaments out of felt. Photo: Free Picks
56. Felt Christmas wreath like mini Santa Claus. Photo: Marina Criativa
57. How to make Christmas ornaments with glitter. Photo: Hobilendik
58. How to make Christmas ornaments with Christmas candles and cans. Photo: Dekor Store
59. How to make Christmas ornaments with candles and glass jars with snowman designs. Photo: Firepont
60. How to make Christmas ornaments made from Christmas candles in painted glass jars. Photo: Firepont
61. How to make Christmas ornaments with different PET bottles. Source: Pinterest
62. How to make Christmas ornaments with colored EVA. Source: Pinterest
63. How to make Christmas ornaments with EVA forming a beautiful Christmas ornament. Source: Pinterest
64. How to make Christmas ornaments out of felt. Source: Pinterest
65. How to make Christmas ornaments with PET flowers and flasher. Source: Pinterest
66. How to make Christmas ornaments with PET bottle forming a beautiful snowman. Source: Pinterest
68. How to make super delicate Christmas ornaments for the tree. Source: Barbara Scrapki
69. How to make Christmas ornaments using the PET bottle dome. Source: Pinterest
70. Base of the PET bottle used as a lamp. Source: Pinterest
71. Create beautiful Christmas ornaments like this snowman made from PET bottle. Source: Pinterest
72. How to make Christmas ornaments with red EVA. Source: Pinterest
73. Christmas felt sheets to decorate the tree. Source: Decorating
74. EVA allows you to create beautiful Christmas arrangements. Source: Pinterest
75. Santa Claus made of EVA enchants home decor. Source: Pinterest
76. How to make felt Christmas ornaments. Photo: Pinterest
77. Bowls decorated with leaves add a Christmas touch. Source: Pinterest
78. Use PET bottles to compose the decoration of Christmas trees. Source: Pinterest
79. How to make Christmas door decorations with PET. Source: Pinterest
80. How to make Christmas ornaments with transparent PET bottle and colored flasher. Source: Pinterest