The crochet puff is a versatile, low-cost piece that contributes to the comfort and warmth of environments such as bedroom and living room – the most relaxing places in the house. When it comes to trends, they are among the most popular options to complement the decoration of different styles.
And there are different ways to acquire a crochet puff. The easiest is to buy in specialized stores, but you can renew a piece of furniture you already have at home through the crochet puff cover or even make one from scratch, in the shape and colors you prefer!
Thinking about it, today we will teach you how to make crochet puff and give incredible tips to match the colors of the crochet puff with the decoration. Check out!
Round or square crochet pouf?
There is no ideal format for your crochet puff, but the one that most harmonizes with the size of your environment and the style of the place.
In the case of the small living room, where all the furniture needs to be designed to optimize space and ensure better circulation in the environment, you can use the square crochet puff, as it “fits” in all corners – under the sideboard, when sofa side etc. But this is not a rule. If you use the round crochet puff in the decoration, it will also have a beautiful and functional result.
One way to make the decoration more interesting with the crochet round puff is to make more than one model of different size or colors to be in tune with the details. However, do it only if you have enough space for it, okay? This way you prevent the round crochet puff from “stealing” space in the environment.
Where to use the crochet puff?
As we mentioned, the crochet puff is a piece of furniture that awakens feelings of comfort and warmth. Therefore, it is best to use in environments such as the bedroom, living room, terraces and even in the office, which need this more intimate aura.
However, be sure to choose colors that match the environment. It is even worth choosing colors according to the rug, which has no mistake! But, remember that the crochet puff is not the highlight of the decoration, but rather a complement.
List of materials on how to make crochet puff
- Measuring tape;
- Mesh wire;
- Wooden needle nº 8;
- 50cm diameter cushion with 10cm height filled with acrylic blanket, the same color as the thread;
How to crochet puff: Follow the step by step!
The crochet puff that we are going to teach you to make is made of knitted yarn, as it is what is most fashionable these days. However, you can use other materials to make, such as traditional wool or string (perfect for rustic environments).
The size of the crochet puff we teach here is average. If you want a bigger one, just increase the amount of careers and highlights. Ah, it is also interesting to emphasize the importance of the puff being soft, so be careful when choosing materials and do not skimp on filling for crochet puff.
- Start by making a magic ring with two fingers and pull a loop;
- Climb 3 little chains and, inside the ring, make 14 high points;
- At the end of the first row, pull the thread from the circle to make it very tight and close together and then make a very low stitch on the third starting row;
- Go up 3 little chains again and make two high points in each previous point, always taking the 2 ringlet to add 28 high points in this career; Finish with a very low stitch at the end;
- In the third row, climb 3 little chains and insert a raise and a high point, until you complete the lap;
- In the next rounds, increase the number of highlights. On the fourth, make three high points and a raise, on the fifth, 4 high points and a raise, and so on;
- After making the total of 8 careers in this way, do 2 careers with only high points;
- Repeat the first step onwards to have a second piece.
- Position the cushion between the two pieces and join the two to finish your crochet puff!
Reform your puff with the crochet puff cover
If you already have a puff, but are tired of its color and style, it is worth investing in the crochet puff cover as a way to renew the environment with different colors and textures.
However, it is necessary to take some care so that the finish of your crochet puff cover is impeccable, such as:
- Puff upholstery: It is not a rule, but it is more indicated that the color of the upholstery is closer to the color you are making the crochet cover for puff. This way, you avoid the background becoming apparent. One solution is to coat the puff with the same color as the crochet cover, and only then place the cover on top.
- Size: The tighter your cover is, the better. So, measure the piece and make a crochet puff cover that is the right size. It is worth making it a little bigger and adjusting it when attaching the cover to the bottom of the puff.
- Filling for crochet puff: Make sure the filling is fluffy and soft for your guests to sit on. If necessary, fill the crochet puff filling with acrylic blanket or other material of your choice. Remember: it is essential that the crochet puff is comfortable.
Check out our crochet puff gallery to get inspired!